VOTERS NETWORK ACTION FORUM
Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Greg

Animal welfare has become an issue since the fires. Whilst I appreciate the benefit of Wires charging a good bit of money for a training course, it puts many off who could help wildlife right now. My family and I have raised two kangaroos in Sydney without the slightest bit of training, having brought both back from the bush after their mothers were killed. They lived outside and slept inside. They were lovely pets, so great discipline was required in the last months as we withdrew contact prior to them being released as part of a mob into a national park. How can people help without coughing up $100+ for the privilege?
Pat1

Hub Leader
What action has been taken to prevent this from happening?  I hear pin drop silence after the story aired.  All forgotten once it is off the news.
I am not sure about cremation as they are on sold for horse meat.

Is the supply for horse meat greater than demand?
Should the industry be allowed to breed without restrictions?
Should the first seller of a retired horse take the responsibility of its death?
What are the current rules on Abattoirs licensing?

Greg

Problem is that people who treat animals badly probably treat humans badly too, the first being their partners and children.
Arian3

Just another example of exploitation, a commodity to make money from! And if it doesn't, dispose of it, in whatever way you want! After all, they are "just" an animal!!!
Greg

Abattoir workers handling livestock should require certIV qualification in animal psychology and handling. Horses are more nervy than other animals so need different handling. They should live well and die well. It is not difficult.  $1,000 should be deducted from their first sale and put into a memorial fund. They should be tracked for life and required to be returned  to a racing authority. They should be euthanised by a vet and cremated. their ashes could be boxed and put on display in a Racehorse Memorial facility which charges an entry fee. Many would come to see the ashes and photos of the horses.Workers filmed abusing horses should be prosecuted now. It is a crime.
Margaret

Hub Leader
There is no need for animals in abattoirs to suffer needlessly
Any good farmer can dispatch an animal in a second after an apple and a kind stroke.
We can do this.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.